Friday 13 April 2012

Geeks

One of the currently hot topics among camera freaks on the forums is the effect Nikon's new 36mp  sensor in the D800 will have on people's ability to get sharp, hand-held, pictures. More pixels in the same space magnifies camera shake. Apparently. I know I said I'd had enough of camera talk, but I stumbled upon something that made me chuckle today:

There's a serious amount of resolving power in this camera, though not quite at the D* level. Still, some folk are actually going to have a difficult time with the D*** because of that. What do I mean by that? You need to watch for mirror vibration, wind vibration, sloppy hand-holding techniques, and be using excellent quality lenses or else you'll find that you don't get "sharp" images.

That's pretty much what is being said about the D3 and the D800 today, so why the amusement? If you click here it might become clear...

No comments: