Monday 18 February 2019

Forgotten pictures

One of the most interesting parts of going through my dusty negatives is finding pictures which I have no recollection of because I didn't print them at the time. That's why I was surprised to find some pictures I'd taken back in 1981 in the wood I've been photographing this winter. In those days it wasn't open to the public in the way it is now.
Then there are the pictures which are of subjects which I'm still likely to shoot today, and framed/composed in similar fashion. Even my more 'landscapey' pictures have a look of the ones I produce these days. As in the gate picture below - it's winter, overcast, and the ground is wet and muddy.
In amongst the poor to average pictures, most I am scanning for what they show rather than any artistic or other merit, there are one or two which stand out and make me wonder if I have lost my way over the years!

No comments: