Sunday 9 January 2011

Back again

It was sunny, windy and a Sunday. There were bound to be hordes of boarders out. There was one... This time I left the converter off and used my feet to get closer. It's not as easy as you might think getting good action shots. Catching the peak of the action is the crux. I got one I think works and missed out on a couple by a fraction of a second. Worse was the fact that I was being driven up the beach by the incoming tide. If I go for another bash I'll throw the chest waders in the back of the car!

Sun, sea, and spray:

kitesurf

If one of the bloke's ropes hadn't snapped I'd have got more shots I'm sure as he was playing for the camera. Hardly surprising as it turned out he's a wedding photographer - who likes the 70-200.

Leaving the beach I headed inland with no real plan, ending the afternoon with a peaceful polariser enhanced shot of a hazy West Lancashire Plain. A more 'interesting' cloudscape would have helped. But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

West Lancs Coastal Plain


No comments: