Wednesday 28 March 2012

Learning by repetition


This is somewhere that I am sure holds a photograph, which is why I keep going back with a camera. It's all a question of the right viewpoint with the right focal length and the right format. Then there's the right light, weather and state of the tide to time to perfection to complete the picture. This landscape business is very trying.

What appeals to me about this spot is the curve of the river and it's confluence with the brook, the sluice gate and the other man-made objects breaking the horizon line, and the distant hill - the only one for miles. The most problematic area is the foreground, which contains nothing but grass.

Things are slowly crystallising as I look at the various attempts I've made. One day persistence might pay off.

No comments: