Monday 30 April 2012

Point proved?

Having a couple of hours to kill, and with the sun shining, I took the opportunity for some more revisitations.That went quite well, and there are only a handful left to make. What I'm going to do with the results, if anything, remains to be seen. Between sites I thought I'd see if what I said about using a large camera up close with strangers was correct. It was.

The people in the two photographs here were certainly aware of my presence. But far from outraged. The woman sitting on the bench actaully looked up at me and back at what she was doing. I guess it's because I carried on looking through the viewfinder and didn't act guilty that I 'got away with it'.

Again these are not great pictures, posted merely to make a point.

I did try out something at the end of the pier. It wasn't planned, something seen and acted upon. A couple of the attempts worked reasonably well, I think. There is no Photoshop trickery in these double images, only some tonal tweaks and a bit of sharpening-for-the-web.



There's something about the sea-front that makes me take minimalist pictures. Pictures that break the 'rules' by having things central. But that's the point of them for me. Here's one that incorporates my unconsciously chosen favourite subjects of street furniture and road markings. I like the light, the subtle colours, and the way the sea-wall hides the horizon therby flattening the picture space.


No comments: