Tuesday 20 January 2015

All change

It seems that my documentary head is back in place. A walk round the sandplant today suggests that its days in it's current state are numbered. I have no idea if the process is being documented officially. If it is it probably won't be in the way I'd do it.



It's all too easy to imagine that documentary photographs are little more than snapshots, but at their best they can aspire to be pictures that show what is being documented, work as formal compositions and possibly express the point of view of the photographer - if we accept that no photography is strictly objective and always has a 'spin' on it.

I feel like the mojo is returning. Oh to have the free time to take the photos I want to and not have to occupy the daylight hours earning a crust!

No comments: