Thursday 19 January 2012

Stealth

There is one big advantage of the X10 - stealth. Ray who owns the tackle shop hates being photographed and merely raising a DSLR to my eye has him giving me black looks. Not only is the X10 small, it also has a quiet mode in which it makes no sound at all. No focus confirmation beep, no faux shutter sound, nothing. The use of the screen for framing also allows for unusual angles to be used that subjects think mean you aren't getting them in shot.

I'm still getting to grips with the best settings to use, but I can see the value of a camera like this for candid shooting and understand why Leicas are so suited to it. Given the available light I think the results from this wee camera are damned good. A little noise reduction has been applied, although it might not have been required in truth.



ISO 640

No comments: