Monday 25 April 2016

Not much progress

I've been playing the 'push the like button' game again. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. You can't fail to get 'likes' with a sunrise or sunset. The more dramatic and saturated the better. I expect a kitten in a sunset might use up all the likes on the internet.


Then again, there is something about skies that we respond to. Maybe it's a throwback to our primitive origins when looking at the sky might give us a clue as to what the weather was going to be like. Stormy skies are probably a close second to rosy sunsets for popularity. No matter how superficial the results are as photographs even I can't resist snapping the sky at times.

Two projects didn't make much progress this weekend despite me trying. Not too hard I must admit. The tackle shop project is one I can't seem to knock into any sort of shape. In fact the more I think about it the more it seems it's not really suited to be a photographic project at all. Or at the best not predominantly photographic. There's always something new to photograph, especially when there's a change of venue. Hemp and snails? Must be for those trips to France!


Calling in at Burscough Community Farm didn't get me much in the way of poultry photographs, but it did give me a few ideas The nest boxes made from upcycled plastic containers need reshooting for one. I hadn't planned to call in and was unprepared for both low light levels and a lack of space.
.


There's a lot more to the farm than poultry. The idea behind the enterprise is a variation of share cropping, but done with a motivation of reducing food miles, involving the local community and benefiting wildlife rather than maximising profit for all concerned. An interesting venture in many ways.




No comments: