Monday 3 August 2020

Tough going

The search to find fresh pictures on the moss continues to be a struggle. What is apparent is that some times and days are more likely to provide opportunities for work pictures.

Even so there can be chances to add to the 50:50 and things-in-the-middle-of-the-frame subsets at any time.




To add variety I do keep looking for different angles and viewpoints, and ways of framing. It's always tempting to include the whole of an object in a picture, but sometimes a fraction of it is all that's required to suggest its presence. That's my explanation for the two pictures below at any rate!


The second one actually makes more sense than I first thought when I took it as it quite clearly  shows both the celery and the 'baskets' designed to take them on the conveyor.

Saturday was the return of poultry auctions. Alas still under Covid-19 restrictions with no onlookers permitted. I felt a little frustrated by this and had a largely fruitless trudge around my usual mossland routes. A trudge that ended up rather longer than I'd planned!

The next picture is an example of a good idea spoiled by being unable to get in the right position. I wanted to get the onions larger in the foreground and the tractor behind from a lower viewpoint. Being on the wrong side of a deep ditch with a bank of head-high weeds on it made the angle I was looking for impossible to achieve without the weeds totally blocking the onions. Hey ho.


Knowing that there wouldn't be much happening or altered on the moss I went elsewhere on Sunday for a short walk to scout something else out. It wasn't my intention to photograph crops but the different soil type and condition made me think there could be a comparison picture to be made to go with the one earlier in this post.


There's a sample copy of my poultry book due to arrive tomorrow. Not the full thing, one I've done to see how certain layouts look when printed. Already I know I have to alter the layout of the publishing file in one way. Unfortunately this means making a new document as I can't find a way to alter the existing on. A good job I put the design/editing on hold until I got the sample to look at. For safety's sake I might ditch some of my more adventurous spreads.

In the meantime I might get some prints made, or do some myself, of a few geometric farmed landscape pictures from the moss.

No comments: