Thursday 28 October 2021

Changing gear

No, not physical photographic gear, but shifting subjects as the season's change. Autumn is when the sheep dog nursery trials begin and I went along to one on a dry(ish) day. for a couple of reasons I couldn't get into it at all. One was that I don't have a long enough lens to focus in on the that venue. The other was that I'd run out of ideas. I suppose it would be quite easy to fill the memory cards with files of cute sheep dogs. Not much of a challenge, or of much meaning no matter how many 'likes' they might get on social media. I left early thinking that I am probably done with the sheep dog scene.

When the weather's been fit, and I've has time, I've been back out wandering locally making more of my boring farmed landscape pictures. Something else I'm finding a bit tedious. I take fewer and fewer photos on my walks round the mosslands these days.


With darkness falling around tea time now it seemed like an idea to resurrect my nocturnal village 'project'. It was a full moon that drew me out the other evening. I was out of practice and had forgotten what settings I'd used in the past. It was also a dry night, and in the past rain or mist has made for more interesting pictures. With the full moon clouds might have helped, but the sky was clear.




On a rare sunny, and still, afternoon I had an aimless drive around some usual haunts and ended up at the nature reserve on the marsh. They never seem to stop tinkering with things there. Some fencing firm or other has been profiting recently.


On a second visit I spied some new signage. I'm a sucker for keep out signs, and these are particularly officious!

So that's it. Gear shifted to local subjects with no real direction to anything, and maybe a few auction mart visits, possibly a poultry show or two, and perhaps a sheep dog trial out of habit (when the weather is fair) to see me through the winter.


No comments: